Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The End

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXqPNlng6uI

I decided this morning, in the large town of Whitehorse, capitol of Yukon Territory, to go ahead to Dawson City and then, perhaps make a loop in Alaska to return on the more southerly route.  I did three successful Flo/chademo charges during the day.  When I arrived at Dawson City, I could not get the Flo/chademo started.  After about an hour on the phone with a nice and helpful Flo girl, she admitted that it was broken.  And that Flo would have a repair person out within 5 days.   Enough of this Flo horseshit!  I'm turning around in the morning.  Fortunately and unexpectedly, The Triple J Hotel has several cabins with J1772 charge stations.  I am getting 30amps/30mph out of it "as we speak" so I should be fully charged in the morning.

Dawson City is of interest to me because it is one of the settings in the TV series "Yukon Gold".  YouTube has at least several episodes.  Here is one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAD-3GFvgKU

Reading my "Alaska" trip odometer, I see I have traveled 4172 miles since departing Dale.  I need to do a summary but Triple J Hotel has weak wifi in my cabin.  I should mention that this is the fartherest north I've been.  In mid June here, the daylight hours are about 4am until about mid-night.


3 comments:

  1. You are so close to Fairbanks and Anchorage- after traveling so far- seems like a hop, skip and a jump to fulfillment of plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we’re still waiting here in Anchorage to see you! Sure hope you can do it. According to our information, it’s about 112 and some odd miles to Tok from Dawson City. If you take top of the world highway. check it out I suspect you can charge in Tok because it is a major truck stop. good luck we hope to hear that you’re on your way this way.! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, it has not been convenient for me to reply to blog comments. I "normally" respond quickly to google chat and email. Alaska is not in the cards for this trip. I'm completely stressed out. I semi-hope to do more in a year or so. Barring another covid.

      Delete