Sunday, August 18, 2019

Long Legs

I just finished my Canada trip in my 2018 Model 3, LR, D, P.  Odometer now reads 19880, the "Canada" trip odometer was labeled and reset about 5 miles from home (that is, I forgot to reset as I was leaving); it now reads 7079.

Within 30 miles of my return home, in Austin, I encountered the worst driving of the trip.  See video in album below.   The photo in the album is of the semi-famed Slaton Bakery south of Lubbock.

A couple of years ago, I was thrilled to make Amarillo from home with a single charging stop while driving my 2017 Model S 100D.  On this trip, on the way home, I realized I had a chance to make it home from Tucumcari with a single Sweetwater charging stop, skipping Amarillo.  And I did.  A very near full charge at Sweetwater started me with 302 miles of range; I arrived home after 288.9 miles with 29 miles of range left.
I left Tucumcari also with a near full charge.  I arrived at Sweetwater after 307.9 miles and with 26 miles remaining.
The day before, I had driven 332 miles, with 55 remaining, from Gallup to Tucumcari, skipping both Albequerque and Santa Rosa.
All three of those legs had advantageous conditions: wind generally favorable and dropping elevations.

Another long leg on the trip was Golden British Columbia to Coeur d'Alene Idaho.  Slightly over 300 miles but down the Columbia River.  I arrived late in Coeur d'Alene having feared to make an overnight stop along the way; overnight vampire load would likely have prevented completion of the leg.

For the uninitiated, all above towns are sites of SuperChargers where Teslas can be charged in, generally, under an hour.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WAFeEoTzwFP1tmWR7



No comments:

Post a Comment