Sunday, October 14, 2018

Scanning film negatives

I found a treasure trove of photos that I stored away several years ago.  I now wish to get digital versions of many.  My first choice is to get the negatives scanned.  I googled around a bit and was surprised at prices; generally $.50 each or more.  I eBayed around a bit looking for hardware and decided I don't know enough to make an informed purchase.  Suggestions solicited.

Other alternatives are to get prints scanned or to use an "archive" app on an Android.  I've done quite a bit of that Android archiving with mixed results.

Negatives seem to be mostly APS format; many commercial places do not list that format.

1 comment:

  1. This, so far, is the "best" APS film scanning service I've found:
    https://www.scancafe.com/services/aps

    ReplyDelete