Thursday, January 13, 2022

Consideration

Since a fall in about March 2021, I've been walking with a cane.  Of course, I have always given consideration to those I encounter with mobility impairment.  BUT I never fail to be surprised when I am given such consideration.  Holding a door while I get through it and so forth.  I always thank those folks.  But am tempted to say something like:  "I'm ok.  I can manage.  Thanks anyway."  And then hit them up side of the head with my cane.  I've already discovered that a cane can be an intimidating weapon.

During my visit to Brandon, documented in another post, I stopped at a convenience store for coffee.  I found I has happily in the overlap of two geographical areas.  One that where Community brand coffee is sold and the other the area where boiled peanuts are sold.  In the days before COVID Louisiana Welcome Centers / rest stops gave away free Community coffee.  Making them always worth a stop.

Odd SuperCharger hosts:

1) In Florida, some are hosted by the convenience store chain "Wawa".  They offer freshly prepared food such a subs/hoagies.  I have a reader report that Wawas extend far beyond Florida.  Up to New Jersey.  Though I noticed none north of Florida.

https://www.wawa.com/

2) In Tennessee, many are hosted by "Sheetz" convenience stores.  In advertising, they make full use of the pronunciation. 

 https://www.sheetz.com/

Something else that needs to be said:  Until recently, there were only about two Stuckeys locations left in the USA.  One was out from Beaumont near Louisiana border.   New life has been breathed into that chain (or sub chain).  There are now several locations in southern Louisiana.  Presumably, with pecan rolls for all.  Cracker Barrels, all over the south, also offer pecan rolls.

https://stuckeys.com/letter-from-our-ceo/history/

The Stuckey's site is a gold mine of fascinating information.  I recommend reading about old motels.


No comments:

Post a Comment