Friday, September 23, 2022

New Tiny House information

https://bobscontainers.com/

I noticed Bob's yard near Elroy while doing airport pickups and dropoffs.  I just stopped in and talked.  Pleasant surprise!  A fairly well fitted out 40'x8' is "only" in the $60k range.  That's with a 12000btu mini split, water heater, kitchen sink with (probably) induction cook top.  Stud and drywall interior walls and ceiling.   And a nice enough bath and more than nice enough shower.  I have many items to discus with them but I can envision buying one or more.

Probably much more later.

9/26/22  No reply as promised from Bob's.  Gleaning website:

Cook top is probably resistive rather than inductive.  Not a difficult fix.  They come standard with separate grey and black water outlets.  I just cost me a few hundered dollars to have the waste water on it divided.

I envision a cluster of up to four with a single small septic tank.  And, of course, the grey waters combined and routed to some place that needs irriation.

Use might be: a respite for me and/or others.  Rental units for hunters, horseback riders and others.

Perhaps a single PowerWall for the cluster.  Both for long term and short term power failures.

Need to think about rainwater collection and storage.



1 comment:

  1. Those look very nice. They have made container houses look much better than a decade ago. I haven't finished the interior of my (non-container) tiny house but I hope it will be my next project.

    ReplyDelete