Monday, March 20, 2023

Brin

 "Brin" is a stray dog that is lobbying for a home.


Sadly, he seems unaware of the parameters that will determine whether he finds a home here.  "Lie down", "heel", "move up", etc.
To not make him too dependent on my food, I've been giving him less than a cup per day.  This morning, he was making a big show of eating acorns.
His most significant problem is that he resists leashes.

5/11/2023
Brin started living with a neighbor, about 200 yards down the road, several months ago.  The neighbor fed him better than I was willing to do.  He happily followed that neighbor around for several weeks but again moved on to presumably greener pastures.
 


6 comments:

  1. Have you had him checked for microchips? Maybe has a family. Give him more food. He is too thin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I have not been able to keep a leash on him. Much less get him in a car to carry to a vet. I am planning to ask my hog trappers to start leaving some hog guts over here.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No. I saw him this morning, for the first time in several days. He followed me home from my walk and accepted a cup of dog food. He had, apparently, decided that the feeding was better at James' place.

      Delete
  3. I would guess that he has some catahoula leopard dog in him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm familiar with several herding breeds, but not Catahoula. That is, I did not identify Catalhoula traits. That breed is more known for dealing cattle rather than smaller animals. I DID have to google a bit to come up with Brindle; the Brindle markings are also termed "tiger stripes". Brin continues to live with James, a couple of hundred yards down the road, but agrees to eat a little here. IF food is offered. James has complained about me "pushing" the dog on to him. I suggest that he stop feeding Brin.
      I just learned from my nearest neighbor that Brin offered to live over there. But the house dog there ran him off.

      Delete