Sunday, June 20, 2021

PV Energy Report

 We've had about a week of pretty sunny weather following at least a month of rainy cloudy weather.  Good PV production. Listed are the four meters (with transformers) that I have.  "HillTop" was installed several months ago solely for the purpose of delivering energy to my utility. Yesterday, June 19, 2021 yielded:

1) new "topofhill" transformer        167 kwh

2) "Across the Road", ATR                328 kwh

3) "House"                                        173 kwh

4) "Pool"/"Big Barn"                        108 kwh

All are "net". Production that exceeds use.

The total for the first three is 668 kwh for which I am credited at $.06/kwh monthly.  $40 for the day.  Each day for the past week has been close to that.

The 4th meter production is credited annually at $.03/kwh.  So, about $3 for that day for that meter.  Each meter cost me about $.75/day for the "overhead" connection fee.  The 4th meter generally more than pays for the connection fees.  In addition, the 4th meter/transformer supplies me true "net metering", "use the grid as a battery".  It doesn't matter when I use the energy; I am billed nothing for it if my contributions for a month exceed my use.  For that benefit, I accept the much lower payment rate.  The rate structure on the other three meters/transformers mean that I pay $.10/kwh for night time use no matter how much I may produce during daylight hours.

I am working to bring production for all four meters up nearer their transformer capacities.  My estimates for the upper limits are 400, 400,  300, and 140 for the meters respectively.  That is, I might be able to get best day peak productions up to 1100 kwh ($66) per day for the monthly credited meters.  After that?  Time to add a 5th meter/transformer!

 

6/30/2021

20 days into my billing period with the last 10 being sub par from cloudiness.  Average over the 20 days has been about 566 kwh.  Near $34/day.  On target for a $1k month.



No comments:

Post a Comment