Friday, August 13, 2021

Old photo of 13S85 lives on

 https://insideevs.com/news/526525/gas-car-sales-already-peaked/?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=RSS-all-news

Photo was taken early at Columbus before the ribbon cutting ceremony got under way.  Maybe late 2013.  I had arrived early for the event and was getting a little charging done before the crowd arrived.  I noticed a professional looking photographer roaming around but was unaware the photo had been taken.  The photo has long been used on the Tesla site.  I believe Columbus was the 2nd Texas SuperCharger after San Marcos.  Opening of Texas SuperChargers was a big deal.  At the time I bought the car, ordered December 2012 and delivered about April 2013, I did not expect the SuperCharger network to ever reach Texas.  At the time, they were going in on both east and west coasts.  For a long while, Texas was isolated with only five SuperChargers: San Marcos, Belmead, Corsicana, Huntsville, and Columbus.  To get to other SuperChargers, one had to do some slow charging along the way.  During that period, I made a trip to Wisconsin and had to do about 4 RV park charges between Corisicana and Normal IL.  A real adventure!  I pulled a teardrop trailer back from Wisconsin and learned that the trailer reduced range by about 1/4-1/3.

The custodian of 13S85 claims it looks much the same with 145k miles.

Being uncertain of Tesla's future in that 2013 era, I decided that the TSLA stock I bought for about $40 should be sold for about $80.  After a 5 for 1 split, those shares are worth around $5M in 2022.  I had to buy my stock back in the $120-$180 range around 2014.

Maybe I dig out a video of the arrival of the car at my place and post here.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qQHHdwPHgSnGcAoc6

A note on naming.  "13S85" was my first. A 2013 Model S85.   A 2017 S100D became my 2nd, "17S100D".  My current 3 is "18M3PD".  Except for my first Model 3, which has been sold, all have free SuperCharging.


No comments:

Post a Comment