Monday, May 16, 2022

Not yet delivered Model Y for sale

 Tesla tells me that it may deliver my long ago ordered Model Y in May.  With TSLA alarmingly low, I am unwilling to pay, as planned, with a sale of TSLA.

SO, I'm taking offers for someone to take delivery in my stead.

It is white, long range, dual motor, with FSD and (I think) a trailer hitch.  Tesla wants $69,990 above my $250 deposit before delivery.  Since I ordered, both the car and FSD have gone up in price.  If one were to order same specs today, I think the price would be about $75k and delivery would likely be in 2023.   If interested, I encourage you to play with the Tesla configuration found through http://tesla.com.

I am looking for offers of $77k+.  All numbers are exclusive of TTL; those should be around $5k.  I have told Tesla: no trade-in, no financing, payment in cash.  It may be possible to change those.

wmckemie4@gmail.com

I'm not sure what rigmarole is involved to get the buyer swapped but I believe it is commonly done.

Tesla now offers insurance in Texas.  Insurance acceptable to a lien holder will likely start around $60/month and may go down from there if Tesla decides you drive safely.  I've been paying AAA $300 +/- per year for minimum liability.

My hope has been that it will be a Austin made car with the new battery cells.  I don't know when/if that information will be available.

Recent news is that low range, about 270 miles, cars WILL have the new cells.  That implies that this car, even if made in Austin, will have the old cells.



 


4 comments:

  1. Thinking about it. White is a good color for Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Rebecca. Very interesting. It seems to me you have a conviction to only buy Tesla when Tesla has served you well as an investment. That is so contrary to choosing a car because it's fast, or stylish, etc., and you have the money, so you buy it. Like farming, and I've discovered oil and gas, profit is cyclical. No matter your hard work, some years are better than others due to elements out of your control.
    I've noticed a lot more Teslas in our area over the past year. I believe it is because of so many city folks buying in the lake area to have an escape plan from Covid. They're bringing their fancy cars with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have full coverage Tesla Insurance. My safety score has been at 100% for the last three months, so my premium for May was $36.40. All my driving data is reported to Tesla, and they did report that I was following too close. (A diesel truck passed me, cut in front, and did the "Rolling Coal" thing, throwing huge clouds of black diesel smoke all over my Electric car.) When I checked my Tesla Account, it reported the "too close" incident, but did not lower my 100% score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reflecting on Ray's situation. It could be that Ray does not drive enough to get a stable score. I'm guessing that Ray doesn't do 100 miles a week? So, the semi-astonishingly low rates may be more targeted to an extremely low miles driven car.
      With such a set up, Ray is probably even more reluctant to let anyone else drive the car.

      Delete